Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cardboard Creations

So the other day, Tyson wakes up and says "Mom, I'm a Lamanite!" ( first read-headed Lamanite I've ever seen!) anyway, he is very persistent and decides that the chop sticks in the drawer make nice arrows... and that he needs a sword and somewhere to put his arrows.... I decided that I had to start being creative since his imagination is hard to keep up with, and this what we ended up with....

Tyson the Lamanite!


Ty, the King (me) and Queen (definately Madi)
He had to find someone to dominate!

Never under-estimate the uses for shoe and fruit snack boxes!! They may come in handy!!

Other recent happenings at the Baxter house:


Ty finally learned how to ride his bike that we got him for Christmas!!


Madi learned how to feed the Dog:



And they both had fun on the ONE warm day we had this spring at Farm Country:

well, kind of fun...they weren't too sure about all the licking and trying to eat out of their hands!















7 comments:

The Bundys said...

I didn't even recognize your little girl. She has thinned out so stinking much! Youre a fun mom, I never would have thought about using cardboard as props....good job!

Mandy said...

What a creative kid. I just love the things that they come up with. You are a good mom not to squash his ideas.

jaesi said...

oh very striking young warriors!
I feel like I am the worst when it comes to creative play....I just hate messes!
you kids are so cute.

Elkington Home said...

I think that it is great that Tyson knows about the Lamanites... Good job to you for teaching the scriptures while your kids are young!!!

Carlos said...

That is so cute! He does look like Lamanite (minus the red hair of course) Your kids are getting so big!

MCKALA said...

you are such a good mom . i need to be more like that. im like jaesi i dont like messes. keep up the good work.

Brittany said...

Hey Stacy! How fun that you found us! I can't believe you have two kids and they are so big! Looks like life is keeping you pretty busy! Keep in touch.