Monday, September 17, 2007

update...

This past weekend was pretty mellow as far as activity goes, we went to the Utah State Fair which was a ton of fun, Ty and Madi loved seeing all of the farm animals that were for show, we took Tyson on a couple of the kiddie rides and I remembered why we haven't been in so long (we don't have very strong stomaches!)...but he had a blast and that's what counts!... I forgot my camera, but you should have seen the look on his face and the white knuckes, all the time saying that he was having fun! Ty will turn three in December, I can't believe it, he got big so fast, he already knows so much and is so independent, sometimes I think he could raise himself!

This weekend also marked a full week of Tyson being dry at night! I thought that was HUGE!! I am so happy that he made it to fully potty trained without any major accidents!

One last thing...I recently got called to be a Relief Society teacher and we are in a "newly wed-nearly dead" ward...so basically I have little to no experience compared to some of the sisters in there...anyway, yesterday was my first lesson and I was sure I was going to pass out right there on the spot, or throw up on the pretty lace table cloth or something, but I made it through okay and am very proud of myself for keeping my composure as nervous as I was. I now have an entire month before I have to do it again! I think I wil be the beneficiary in this calling because of all the great feedback and advice that was given during the lesson, lucky for me, not so lucky for everyone who has to listen to my nervous laughter during the lesson, thank goodness for discussion!

Oh yeah, Kids on the Move is coming over on Wednesday to evaluate Madi and let me know where she is at developmentally and give me some suggestions on how to motivate my dear little baby (not so baby, she is almost fifteen months and not moving like she should, she still just seems like a baby because she is only in the 8th %ile for height-very small for her age- and I still pack her around cause she won't do it herself!) I would love to see her moving around like other kids her age... most of them are walking by now!

8 comments:

jaesi said...

When is your sons birthday? Leah will be 3 the 15th of Dec.
And my little niece is 15 months and doesnt walk yet either...why walk when mom can carry you?
How long have you lived up north?

Hallie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun (despite the queasy stomaches). Congrats to Tyson for making it a week staying dry at night. That's a very exciting milestone. I'm sure everything is great with Madi. I have a friend whose daughter is itty bitty and didn't start walking until she was almost 2. I'm sure Madi just enjoys having mom carry her around.

Mandy said...

I totally agree with your obervation that some kids can raise themselves. Asthen makes me feel that way almost everyday. She is 3 as well, so maybe it's just the age. Congrats with the dry pants at night. We finally got there a few months ago. I made a sticker chart and every morning with dry panties, she put a sticker on. After about a month, she got a sand box. She was so excited to achieve that. I'm sure you did and will continue to do a wonderful job teaching. You are very conpetent for that calling. Good luck with your little one. It is probably like everyone has said. She doesn't move on her own, because it's easier to be carried. Let us know what you find out.

Holly Woolsey said...

Wow! I'm impressed he is dry through the night already! Anna was always dry through the night, but Carson is pretty much backwards! He stays pretty dry all day, then wets all night. That one is going to be a challenge.

The Bundys said...

Are you talking dry without a diaper??? Holton does so good at night, I think he's only peed once at night in the past couple of weeks, but he had a diaper on. I dont dare let him go to bed without one cause that will probably be the night he pees!

And can i just say good job for having madi observed! Like everyone is saying, she is probably just enjoying life by being lugged around, but theres always a chance there is something more. For example......my neice will be 3 in january is just barely getting to where she can take a few steps. My dr told me that if the baby isnt walking be 16months, they need some muscle testing done. Jakes bro and his wife just acted like nothing was wrong until they got turned into dfs. Dfs forced them to put her in physical therapy and speach therapy. They have since found out that she has low muscle tone, so i guess that means her muscles are like rubberbands, BUT if they would have started working with her earlier she would be walking and fine, but since they were arrogant people she will ALWAYS be behind now. So I'm glad you are having her looked at cause you never know! Whew...that was really long.

Stacy and Mike said...

Jaesi- Ty's b-day is Dec. 2nd...we have lived in AF since we got married, so a little over 5 1/2 yrs here...

Meg- I'm not that brave either, he is still in a diaper only at night but if he keeps it up we'll try the underwear.

Holly- Good luck with Carson!!

Ange said...

stacy- your blog is so cute! I am so excited to add you to my blogging list! I will check it out often! :)

McKean Family said...

I thought when you were here last she was scooting on her bum? Did she give up? I think I am getting anxious to potty train Ryder because I am throwing the idea around! Mandy told me that if you start you cant stop. If anyone can teach relief society it would be you! Me on the other hand not so much!