Monday, September 10, 2007

Demo Derbys and Wedding rings


Mike manages a branch in West Jordan and has a buddy that participates in the annual West Jordan Demolition Derby and of course, Mike being a car junky really wanted to go... so we loaded up the kids and were off! Can I just tell you I have never laughed so hard in my life.....it was HILARIOUS!!! The whole time I was thinking "What makes people crazy enough to do this?" then of course my dear adorable hubby says "Honey just think how fun it would be if we had a car and you were part of my crew and down on the sidelines cheering for me?" Well, I guess now we have something to look forward to!




So a little over three years ago I was busily tidying a rom for my new baby and
accidently slammed my finger in the closet door...all sad that my wedding ring took the brunt of the slam, we went to Wal-Mart and
purchased this lovely little $15 ring on the right... thinking that my ring would be super expensive to fix (bent prongs, fallen out diamond, etc..) I have postponed taking it to a jewler and have been wearing this for three and a half years! So last week I finally made it down to Provo and took my "real ring" in to get it fixed....picked it up on Saturday after a good cleaning and plating and it was BEAUTIFUL!!....and only 66 bucks...can you believe it?? I was extatic!! Why I didn't take it in three years ago I'll never know......There is just something about real diamonds....!

















5 comments:

The Bundys said...

I would have gone crazy without my wedding right for that long! I have to take it off when I sleep, but other than that I am way attached.
So you guys are going to start a derby team huh?? I would come watch you guys so quick! Guys love the weirdest things! Like hunting....I like hunting, but Jake LOVES hunting. I just dont get it.

Mandy said...

I agree with Megan, I would love to watch a derby where you are in the pit crew. Congrats about your ring. Waiting 3 yrs would be something I would do. I forget about things easily.

jaesi said...

I can just picture you down on the sidelines cheering on your man! :)

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh man! I'm glad you got it fixed!!! Post a picture of your other ring. I would love to see it!

Elkington Home said...

I am so glad you got your ring fixed!!! I smashed mine in the closet door and cried for days!!!(Until my husband made me take it in to get it fixed) It probably feels good to have your real ring back!