Monday, August 13, 2007

DC



This should have been a previous blog but I'm just getting around to getting the pics off the laptop...anyways, in July Mike and I went to DC to visit some good friends and go to thier sealing in the DC temple. We left the kids to switch off with both sets of grandparents in St. George and took off for a week. I cried till we got to Mesquite(however you spell that), but then decided that it has been almost 3 years since we have really done anything by ourselves -longer than a couple of hours- and we both really deserved the break.

So needless to say we had a blast!!! We spent most of our time in the city and then left one night at 3a.m., drove to New York, got there at 7 and spent the entire day sight seeing. We left NY at about 9p.m. and then spent the rest of the week back in DC. We got to do a session and go to the sealing in the DC temple which was ablolutely amazing!! All in all our kids did great, we had a lot of fun and we're looking forward to another vacation (someday in a couple of years)!

6 comments:

The Bundys said...

I meant to ask you about your trip last time we talked. And you are way good at this blogging stuff...youre addicted arent you!?

jaesi said...

Im glad you put a pic of you and your hubby....your son looks JUST like him. Looks like you had a great trip...anywhere is great with no kids :)

Mandy said...

It is so fun to go away without any kids. In April Jared and I went on a cruise for 7 days and it was a blast. A much deserved break and chance to spend time together, although I cried for the kids too.

Holly Woolsey said...

Stacy! I am jealous you got to go back there! Hooray for Grandparents!

Unknown said...

Stacy! Look at you! And your beautiful family! I can't believe that I have been out of touch with everyone for so long! I hear you live in Lehi? You're pretty much right up the road from me! We should get together!

Stacy and Mike said...

American Fork actually, but it's all pretty much the same, they all kind of run into eachother... but yeah, it would be fun to catch up!