Monday, November 19, 2007

My lovely little Madi



A physical therapist from Kids on the Move has been coming once a month to help Madi with her skills of walking and crawling, and I have to say I am very pleased with her progress in the last couple of months. The other day, with the encouragement of her older brother, Madi attempted to crawl across the living room and almost made it the entire way! I am so excited that even though she is behind, she is finally making some progress. I have learned that a lot of her delay is simply her personality and the fact that she is so laid back and easy going (as well as a little stubborn). Another major improvement was that a couple of days ago she pulled herself up to the coffee table and now that she has figured that out she is trying her new skill out on a lot of things. Probably not as exciting to all of you as it is to me, but she will be going into nursery in a month and a half and I really would like her to be able to walk around with all of her little nursery buddies! Anyway,I am so grateful to have such a wonderful little girl as a part of our family. She has a smile that is beautifully contageous, and a personality to match, and I am glad to say that she's mine!

5 comments:

Hallie said...

Yay Madi!

Mandy said...

Her smile is definatly beautiful. She is adorable. Good work on the progress and good luck on walking before nursery. I don't blame you for wanting he to be walking by then. She might not get beat on as much by the nursery kids if she in upright. As a leader I learned sometimes those kids like to hit on the smaller ones, it was usually mine!!!

Unknown said...

Madi is a cute little bug. She was hillarious in RS on Sunday.

jaesi said...

oh she is so beautiful. I always love kids with light blonde hair.
Yes it will be nice to have her walking.

Elkington Home said...

congrats on Madi's skills!! You have a beautiful little girl and a lot to be proud of!!! Good luck with your goal of having her walking by nursery!!