Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gripe session...


Typically when people see a closed sign, that means that they go away and come back later. Safe assumption, right?

Ten after six on a friday night, I'm sitting in my office finishing up a few things. Next thing I know there is a lady pulling on the locked door, with a "closed" sign staring her in the face. She persists on pulling the door, in hopes that it will magically open. I usually wait for their reading ability to come about, and then they leave...not her! She looks over to me in my office and asks if we are open. I shake my head no and hope she will go away, buuuuuuuut no.
At 15 after, one of my tellers is headed out the door. As he goes out, she pushes past him Like Harvey Unga running into the branch and says "I have to make a deposit!

Evidently you are good to go if you mow down an employee and make your way into a closed store! Only problem, no tellers are around to help this lady. Dumbfounded by what she sees, she turns to me and says "where is so and so?". I was kind in my response, "ma'm, she went home because we are closed." Good one Focker is all I can say. I have learned that CLOSED signs are now optional.






9 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the good ole days of the instore when they'd walk up to a darkened branch with signs posted EVERYWHERE stating we don't open until 10:00 and then they throw their heads back in despair, beseeching the heavens and exhale a guttural moan befitting a banshee. People never cease to amaze me.

Carlos said...

hehe, yeah, I have stories like that from when I worked at Penny's. Some people just think that the world needs to revolve around their timeclock.

Unknown said...

Where do you work again? Because I completely believe this having worked at a credit union before! People do NOT give up! Or else they choose to act stupid to get help!

Stacy and Mike said...

This was actually My husbands gripe session, he is a branch manager for Zions

Erin said...

Mike and Stacy...ummm, so, can you send me your email address...we're big dorks and don't have it. Anyway, we hope that things are going great...thanks!

Jason said...

I sooo remember this from working at the bank. It used to drive me nuts! If you have to make a damn deposit that bad then ya shoulda gotten there sooner!

WOW! I think I might still be harboring some anger.

Mandy

The Marsing's said...

Mike, that was my mom....I think you owe her an apology.......

Carlos said...

We've gone private so send me your email and I'll send you an invite janesepo@yahoo.com

Carl and Steph said...

Umm, Drive-thru????? I do miss those clients that walk into the closed door and pull and pull and jiggle and jangle hoping that something, ANYTHING will open that door. Poor poor little souls.