Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So much to do...so little time to blog...

The last few weeks have been absolutely crazy, and so much fun! First of all , our family loves AF Canyon...we head up there just to get a break from the heat, hang out with friends, hike around, and see nature.


Feeding the ground squirrels



The last week in June, we took a little vacation to spend time with some friends in Vegas for a few days...we dropped our kids off at my moms house (thanks a million mom!) and drove down for a relaxing weekend of laying out by the pool, walking the strip, shopping, and lots of really great food.


Mike and Mike grew up in Cali and they are totally back in High
school when they are together...it was so funny to watch!



Then we drove home Sunday night, Mike worked Monday, and we drove back down in the Burb on Tuesday for the infamous Bundy Reunion....Crazy, I know...but so much fun! I love the reunion so much and when I tell people about it they look at me in awe or like I'm crazy, I'm not sure...anyways, this year was especially fun because the kids are getting to where they really love it too. Seriously, what's not to love about a ton of family, a lot of sun, getting unbelievably dirty, dutch-oven cooking and eating all the junk and soda your heart desires? We went four-wheeling, hiking, and did A LOT of visiting with people we hadn't seen since the year before. We also celebrated Madi's birthday...I can't believe she's two already!! I made her a dutch-oven peach cobler and the poor girl fell asleep and didn't even get any. I've decided that since her b-day will fall during the reunion almost every year we will have to make it tradition to have a cobler cake!

What are they doing?
Ty found the cactus...


Running the races and Madi's b-day,

All worn out!





9 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

Cute! Sounds like you guys are staying busy! We need to get together sometime soon, we love AF canyon, too! We should do a Saturday morning hike to a waterfall or something fun!

Janey said...

Poor Ty and the cactus! We need to start a mommy play group like once a month. So far I know 4 girls from our class who live in Utah County and have kids.

MCKALA said...

sounds like you guys are having way to much fun... i am glad that your familys is doing good. I cant belive that Maddi is 2 thats crazy.. Shea turned 5 sad she is getting to big.. Anyway have lots of fun..

Holly Woolsey said...

You have been busy! It looks like a ton of fun though!!! I love Ty's face running the races, so cute!

jaesi said...

cute pics.
I could really go for a few days with the kids at moms to get away! I bet it was awesome!

April said...

Glad you guys had a fun time! That sleeping picture is sooo cute! I think sleeping kids are the CUTEST!

McKean Family said...

af canyon looks so nice, you'll have to take us up there the next time we are up that way!!! it was fun to see you and visit for a few hours, I totally admire you, your such a good friend, love ya have a good day!!!

Mandy said...

It was so good to see you, I just wish we could have talked more.

The Marsing's said...

Looks like you guys had fun